Monday, October 1, 2012

Plugging Along

 I started wrapping my "candies" this week.  It took me 5 hours to wrap what you see on the left.  FML!  I have wrappers in red and blue as well.  I have 3 giant bowls and I intend to do a different type of candy for each bowl.  I at least want one done before the residency in January.


 These are the ceramic medals and ribbons I have been working on.  I've decided to make them a project of their own.  Something that will showcase the precious nature.  I want the individual ruggedness to be extremely noticeable, because I'm working with the idea that although these pieces are mass produced they are important, yet disposable, to those that receive them. 




The medal impressions hint at the "backwards" nature of it all.
 These last two pieces are progress on my Individuals series.  The top I have completed two layers, and the bottom is just the under painting.  I have been working on constructing frames, stretching and gessoing canvas, and painting whites this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment