Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Slow Uphill Battle

I've been struggling with my process lately.  When I paint in my usual large format I can knock out a painting in 6 hours or less.  With this new idea I'm working to mind every little detail.  I'm working to make my idea precious and personal without revealing.  It's a very frustrating process for me because I like to see results.  I'm a 30 minute meal maker, crochet instead of knit, machine over hand type of girl.  I like to see it happen right now, but this kind of work demands attention to detail and process.

With that said, I am sketching more than usual on the process.  Building, tearing down, forming with new mediums, and waking in the middle of the night with a new amazing addition have all become regularities in my life.  I'm measuring and remeasuring.  Thinking about inches and perfection.  Math and perfection are not strong points for me, but it is so important right now I'm trying to take my time. 

Wednesday I will post pictures of this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment