Sunday, August 5, 2012

New space and work

Well, we are moving to a bigger house.  Here are pictures of my new spacious studio space.  I love it!  It's like a dream come true...if a little low in the ceiling.

I had to take the caster wheels off my easel and it is still a little too tall.  I guess I will have to chop the top down.

Today I worked on the salmon painting I've been working on, and started a new one.  Below is an image in the beginning stages.  The other painting will be updated in it's original post.
I'm experimenting with the play of gravity or lack there of in my paintings.  Something to add a strangeness or maybe just a bit of discomfort for the viewer.

I have added another layer of color to this piece.  I also added some more palette knife work.  At this point I took it to my mentor for the first time, and I probably will stop working on this piece for now.


The two pieces side by side

No comments:

Post a Comment