Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Moving Obstacle

Currently, I cannot find the data cable to transfer all the lovely progress pictures onto my laptop.  Therefore, there will be no pictures until I can buy a replacement cable or I find the one I lost in the move.

Otherwise, my work is coming together slowly.  I am building a ceramic pedestal and bowl for my first piece.  I have decided on hand building to give the ribbons and medals an individuality a mold would not allow.  I'm not the best at pottery because I've only taken two classes so things are moving along super slow (at least slower than when I paint).  I have my 12in stretcher bars on order and they should be here today.  I plan on alternating between painting and building ceramics once the bars arrive.  I've been collecting ribbons to prepare for the massive project ahead of me and I have my own little archive going.  I wish I could find that cable for my camera!!

Anyway, I meet with my mentor next week and hopefully I will continue happily in this direction.  I also want to do some filming, but I want to get the full use of my ribbons before I destroy them.  Plus, I have to make the bowls for the film first.  Lots to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment