Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Start To My New Idea

Well, I have started the first painting in my new series.  It's a very small painting for me.  I don't usually work this small.
This is the base coat.  I used my palette knives to lay it in thick and just hint at the idea of a flag.  The marks don't necessarily mean flag, but the common image conjured is flag.  I think this is working with symbols without using symbols?  Maybe.
I found this rather insulting image of a "real American hero" and decided to make it transparent.  Then I decided that wasn't enough so I cut it to bits and scattered it on my "flag".  This is all an illusion. 
From here I don't know where it will go.  Does it need to go anywhere else?  I feel like it needs more, but I've set it aside to "stew" for a few days.

At this point my concentration was broken because my dog disappeared.  After calling for 1/2 an hour and him not coming I lost my motivation to paint.  I found him in the woods rolling in a half a deer spine and ribs.  Obviously more important than coming to his master.  My dog makes it hard for me to get my work done.  I wish I didn't have him.  That is my vent for the evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment