Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Garry Oak Gallery

I have been invited to display my work this fall at the Garry Oak Gallery in downtown Oak Harbor.  I'm excited about this since it is my first interaction with the local art community here! 

I went in initially to see what local artists are doing, and maybe perk up my lacking enthusiasm towards art lately.  I ended up in a long intriguing conversation with one of the showing artists.  The Gallery is a local artist coop that runs a rather successful business with the Gallery and throughout local events.  The people in this Gallery are your typical western art fair and festival participants, but they make beautiful work all the same.

Outside of that I am still waiting for all of my supplies to show up to begin making casts.  I am experimenting today with soft gel and making transparent color.  Since I have to make a trip to Anacortes I am trying to find things to do in my studio that won't wear me out for my drive this evening.  So...now I'm just watching paint dry (and reading).


No comments:

Post a Comment