Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Summer Residency

This summer the Residency was a bit tougher on me physically. I did however, develop a fabulous new tangent for my work! I'm super excited to get working in my studio, which is always a good sign. Here are some pictures of my space this semester:






I had a bit of an issue with my shipping company so I am still waiting for everything to make it home safely. Although, the feedback was mostly positive I think I will probably photograph and destroy most of the things I made this semester. Sculpture and installation take up a lot of space, and I really don't think the things I have made in the last six months are really the selling type.

I learned a lot (and freaked out) about professional development as an artist. It seems like an extremely long arduous toil to get to some modicum of success. Which is then another giant leap to being able to teach. I'm trying not to completely be overwhelmed by the information. Instead, I put my anxiety to good use and wrote my residency summary, book list, artist list, developed a professional artist page, press release for the BYC, resume, business card, and e-mail address. :P

http://www.mariajonesartist.com

It is not the best site in the world, but it is mine and it has a lot of what I have been making on it. Once everything makes it back to Washington I will toil over getting someone to photograph them professionally for me...maybe...or maybe I will use the photography skills I have to photograph them myself (if they look like dookie I will hire someone).

No comments:

Post a Comment