Saturday, January 19, 2013

Feeling Overwhelmed

 This was my setup for my second residency at AIB in Boston. There was a section with my photo series as well, but since it wasn't really discussed I decided not to post it here.

On return from Boston I have found myself swimming in thoughts. I have little manic notes all over the house with half finished lists of things I need to do, or ideas I want to try.  I want to jump into work again, but I have to wait for my body to recover from my Boston visit, as well as, maintain a social family life.

I have been sketching and absorbing the critiques I received during my time in Boston.  I have a loom purchased and a few books on my reading list downloaded to my kindle (SWEET!). I've done some research on wood paneling, enamel, and plaster casting.  This is going to be a very labor intensive semester with a lot of tears from botched experiments, but I think I am ready to take it on. Right now though I am focusing on organizing my thoughts and repairing my body.

So instead of producing work right now I am synthesizing my notes so I can write my residency summary. I think once I get this paper written, my readings in order, and artists I want to pursue all in one spot I will feel more whelmed instead of overwhelmed.


No comments:

Post a Comment